Top selling festival shows
At this stage, it’s always fun to play the numbers game and analyse the latest ticket-sales data. Our most popular shows, as of Tuesday 4 September, are all in the Spiegeltent:
- Opening show: Songs for Nobodies – sold out
- Wilson Dixon: What a Country! – selling fast
- Greg Johnson: Every Song has a Story – NZ singer-songwriter
- Festival finale: Carnivorous Plant Society & Hopetoun Brown
- In Flagrante – neo-burlesque
Children’s show Children are Stinky is also a current festival fave.
In Napier, where we have larger capacity venues (The Muni can cater to 900), MAMIL and By a Thread are selling really well, with two performances for each. Tickets to both shows are now only available through the Ticketek website: www.ticketek.co.nz
Top 3 Readers & Writers events
- Poemlines: Coming home – a gathering of eight poet laureates
- What’s happening with our news? – Bill Ralston meets Tom Belford (and other media experts)
- Who do you think you are? – Helene Wong and Diane Wichtel discuss their memoirs, emigration, racism, the Holocaust.