The Harcourts Hawke’s Bay Arts Festival is offering an Ambassador Programme to engage the community.
The Ambassador Programme is about supporting the next generation of actors, playwrights, technicians, producers or directors. The most powerful learning happens through doing and by gaining a deeper understanding of how the professionals work within a theatre context. The participants will engage with highly skilled professionals throughout the Festival.
The aim of the Programme is to offer the successful candidates the opportunity:
- To attend an induction day (Friday 30 September) with the educational coordinator to meet the Festival team, be introduced to the Programme, gain an understanding of the expectations of the Festival and take part in a series of workshops to get to know each other.
- To participate in workshops throughout the Festival in acting, directing and technical support
- To attend selected performances and have access to all areas as one of the Festival Team.
- To write a summary of the Ambassador experience to be published on the Harcourts Hawkes Bay Arts Festival website.
To be selected for the programme you must:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 20
- Be able to write or express why you should to part in this experience
- Be able to provide two referees who will support your application
- Be available to attend the induction day and throughout the Festival (4 to 14 October)
Please be aware that only 20 Ambassadors will be selected to participate in the process. Applications close on the 9 September and successful applicants will be contacted as soon as possible.