The 2021 Hawke’s Bay Arts Festival arrives this week! We can’t wait! Keeping you, your friends and whānau safe while you are at the Festival is our top priority.
With that in mind, here is what you can expect when you come to the Festival, from when you first arrive to when you say ‘Ka kite anō’ at the end of the night.
- First up, the usual Covid-19 Delta Level 2 rules apply - so please scan or sign in, wear a mask and keep a 1 metre distance from others at all times.
- You may remove your mask once you have been seated in the theatre.
- Our audience capacity is limited for each show, so we recommend you buy your tickets now to ensure you get a seat. Some shows have already sold out
- We intend to welcome you in the bubble you arrive with. So, if you have friends or whānau you want to sit with for pre show drinks or food, please gather before you enter the venue.
- Our maximum seated bubble size in the Auditorium is four people, so if your group is larger than this, please split your bubble into smaller bubbles to meet our seating requirements.
The Bar and Hospitality
There will be slightly different requirements at each venue depending on space. At MTG and the Blyth the bar will open one hour before the show and at Toitoi two hours before. Please follow the instructions of the staff onsite to ensure that we are creating a safe space for all. Please note, our food and beverage service is only available to ticket-holders.
Once you have entered the theatre, we really appreciate if you are staying seated. This will help our team ensure smooth co-ordination of seating and social distancing.
Only one person from each group can order at the bar.
Getting into the Theatre
We will seat the audience inside the auditorium in stages to ensure social distancing. We appreciate your patience as we do this.
Please ensure you are ready to be seated 30 minutes prior to the show’s start to allow extra time for queues and distancing. You may need additional time to order drinks and use the bathroom prior to entering the auditorium. Once you are seated, you cannot leave to get drinks, so come prepared.
All tickets will be general admission while at Level 2 to ensure proper social distancing requirements.
We have some amazing shows as part of the Festival and we can’t wait for you to experience them. We are committed to following the Government’s guidelines for operating in Level 2. Please be kind to our staff who want to ensure the right conditions are in place for all to enjoy the Festival.
See you very soon.